My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Elder Pierce's Study Journal

It's been a while since the last one, so it's time for another...

ELDER PIERCE'S STUDY JOURNAL

Today's topic: Answering questions

Is there a God? Read 3 Nephi 11:78
Does He know me? Read 3 Nephi 15:21; Alma 5:19, 38,58
How can I have balance with my work and family? 3 Nephi 13: 30-34
How can I have a happy family? Mosiah 4:15; 2 Nephi 25:26; Mosiah 2:17
How can I avoid sin? Mosiah 3: 19; Alma 13:27-30; 2 Nephi 28:7-9; Helaman 5:12
Does God answer our prayers? 2 Nephi 2:16; 1 Nephi 18:21; 2 Nephi 32:8-9; Ether 3:1-6; Enos 1:2-6

Today is busy. (so what else is new?) There is still stuff that happened two days ago that I haven't written about yet. I've got some free time right now, so I'll talk about what I can. I guess I'll go back to my first day at the airport. I was a bundle of nerves. I put in the Michael Dowdle church hymns on my cd player to try to calm down. So there I was. My heart pounding in my chest. I was so nervous and then I heard the music.
I heard, played on an acoustic guitar, as I waited to board the plane, watching the sun rise in Oklahoma on the first day of my mission, the melody to the hymn, "Come, Come, Ye Saints" , play on my speakers.

It was just the music, but I could hear the words in my head. "Come, come, ye Saints, no toil nor labor fear; But with joy, wend your way. Though hard for you this journey may appear, Grace shall be as your day. T'is better far for us to strive. Our useless cares from us to drive; Do this and joy, your hearts will swell-all is well. All is well!"

Then I was at peace. The soothing calmness that fell over me was such a blessing and I walked on to that plane with the quiet courage of someone who knew that they were doing the right thing, even if they did not realize how grand their mission truly was. I still don't know. But I have a much better idea today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home