My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 192 Brother, Can You Spare a Book of Mormon? 10/06/06

Today was cold and rainy, but it was Friday, so we stayed inside where it was nice and warm and had our weekly planning session. Wow! I got here just in time. We have a baptism coming up on Monday. The young girl's name is C. She is 15. She's had all of the lessons and is really excited to get baptized. Actually, she is not 15, she's 14, but she'll turn 15 on Monday. She's getting baptized on her birthday.

We went to C's house today so that her mom could sign some permission papers for C to get baptized. Her family is kind of indifferent with her decision to join the church, but they went ahead and signed and gave their permission. I hope that C is able to get the support she needs from the members around here because she is not getting it at home. Fortunately, one of C friends is a member of the church. C found out about our church from her friends and wanted to talk to the missionaries. I wasn't there for any of the teaching, but am excited to be there for the baptism.

We went on exchanges with Brother T. We went to check up on a potential investigator and ended up being able to give a first lesson. His name is L. His wife's name is G and they have a son, R, age 7. Real nice family.

We talked with L about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. L said that sometimes he felt just like Joseph Smith. He'd seen all of these different Christian churches, each with their own beliefs and was confused as to why there were so many different denominations.

"Could I have a copy of the Book of Mormon to read?," he asked. "Sure!," I said. "It's our free gift to you! I've got one right here in my bag...hmmm....let's see...not in that pocket...Gee, maybe I don't have on with me right now. (pause) What about you, Elder?" I said to my companion. "Uhh...", my companion said, after rifling through his bag. "I don't have one either."

What bad missionaries we were! Just as we were about to hang our heads in shame, Brother T spotted us one. "I've got an extra copy that you can read," he said. (Whew!) Thanks Brother T. We owe you one. L is excited to read the Book of Mormon. We'll stop in sometime next week to see how he's doing. L smokes, though, so we're going to have to work with him on that. If our bodies are temples, and they are, then smoking should not be a part of that for spiritual and physical reasons. I'm dead tired. See ya' in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home