My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sacrament Sunday

Well, Sacrament meeting was really good. We had a musical number by the missionaries who would be leaving in a couple of days. That was really cool and I could feel the spirit. They sang the medley. The Armies of Helaman one. One of our mission presidents, the second counselor sounds just like Bill Hickey(to clarify this is an actor who was on a few episodes of Wings. He had a whiny voice and always asked silly questions. Why do they call them hand cuffs, if you wear them on your wrists?) His name is Brother Cerny. He is also very funny with that voice and he loves stories. He' s just a great guy. I could listen to him talk all day. Lucky me. We get to hear him speak today in Priesthood.

The lesson is about revelation. We will be uplifted by the spirit of revelation in our scripture study. Revelation can also bring us to repentance. Brother Cerny told us the story of King David and the prophet Nathan who told of the parable of the rich man's sheep and the poor man's sheep. It's in 2 Samuel chapter 12. "Why do they call them handcuffs, if they put them on your wrists?" "When the spirit speaks to you, a wise Elder does it speedily." And he talked in depth about the gifts of revelation which I could not write down because I am just not a fast enough writer.

Brother Cerny is interviewing us for Sunday interviews. He talked about what he thought the judgement would be like. He said it could be like a courtroom scene with the Savior as the defense and Lucifer as the prosecutor. Or a movie where everyone watches your life from beginning to end. If you are repentent, you get the "director's cut" wiht the bad parts edited out. Or it will be like D&C 45:3-5 ; "Listen to him who is the advocate of the father, who is pleading your case before him-saying, "Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who does no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; wherefore Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

We talked about numbers. Five is the Grace of God. It also means fallen man. Seven is spiritual perfection. Twelve is the Priesthood. Six is just short of spiritual perfection. Eight is renewal. Three is the trinity. It also means earthly perfection. Look for these numbers in the scriptures.

I have just been told that my sculpting clay is a problem in our room. I'll have to keep it in the closet when it is not P-day. It's not really a problem. It's just different from my room at home where I could keep clay out on my table.

I had planned to make a sculpture of Simon Dewey's "Peace, Be Still". I was able to get some aluminum foil and cardboard from the kitchen staff who were very helpful. So far, I've made the background and the boat. I've only worked on it during P-day and won't work on it if it will get in the way of my studies. I hope to have it done by the next P-day and will see about giving it to the MTC as a parting gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home