My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 193 continued...Thigpin Manor

We went tracting today for an hour. My TTH (total tracting time) is at 57. I've gotta say something about Dahlgren. It sure isn't like Herndon. In Herndon, you could go down a street and visit all of the houses on that street. In Dahlgren, there aren't any streets with houses on them. I'm in the country. There are acreages. Dahlgren is very woodsy. I thought Herndon had a lot of trees. Herndon was nothing. TREES! Trees everywhere!

We went tracting in the rich part of Dahlgren. These were the huge multi-story mansions built on acres and acres. The hour that we spent tracting was spent mostly walking from house to house. Most of the people were not very nice. One lady said that if we stepped foot in her yard, she would sic her dogs on us. After a little while it became apparent to me that we would not be talking to many people today.

Happy Thing for Day 193: We did get to talk to one man today. It was the last house that we were tracting. It was also the largest and most expensive house of them all. I felt really intimidated going up to the door. An elderly black man came to the door. He was the man of the house. He introduced himself as Quinlan Thigpin. He was very humble and invited us in to teach him. We shared the first lesson with him. He was interested in the message and we were able to leave him with a Book of Mormon. He said he would read it. Later, I told a member about meeting Mr. Thigpin. "Oh, Quinlin," they said. "Yeah, he won the state lottery a few years ago. He moved into that nice neighborhood." I'm just happy I was able to teach a man named Quinlan Thigpin on my mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home