My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sacrament Sunday...continued

Today we went for a walk at the Provo temple grounds. I brought my music with me. It really added to the spirit. When it was time to go, Elder R. and Elder P. were ready to leave. I kind of wanted to stay. It's such a beautiful day today. I did not want to spend it in a stuffy classroom, so I did a companion switch and hung out with Elder M. He is the missionary that I have the most in common with. He also loves to debate with people. "Proud people care about who is right. Humble people care about what is right." Elder M. walks with a limp and Elder R. his companion, tries to have patience with him. He would rather get to his meetings without leaving early. I think it is great that Elder M. wanted to serve a mission despite his bad leg. He is such a good instructor and teacher. He will make a great missionary. I'm going to try to get his address so that we can keep in touch. We talked for about an hour today. Mostly scriptures and missionary stuff, but also just sitting in the lobby listening to church music on my cd player.

Elder T., F., and Elder P. and I are all going to D.C. in a week and three days. Elder M., R., B., and W. will be going to Tampa, FL. I've gotten to know them all pretty well. Elder R. is a pretty serious little missionary who really knows his scriptures. I feel sure he will make a great missionary. Elder M. loves to discuss the scriptures and is always trying to glean new insight from them. He's going to make a great missionary, too. Elder W. is very shy, but I feel people will listen to his words about the gospel if he will invite the spirit.

That's all for now. It's been a long, but good day.
Love,
Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home