My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Day 46- Mother's Day Eve-Teaching Moments-5/13/06

Today was a pretty good day. Right now, all I can think about is calling home tomorrow. I know I'm supposed to feel excited, and I am. It's just that I'm excited like a two year old who knows it's Christmas tomorrow. He is excited. He is just not really sure why. I know I get to call home and I'm excited. I just don't know what to expect or how to feel.

Met with S. today (40ish mom investigator). We didn't talk long. Maybe about 30 minutes. Believe me, with S. a half an hour is a short meeting. We talked about her past. She grew up in an atheist family but found Jesus at the young age of 12 and has read the Bible ever since. When she was 18, her friend, who was a member of the church, gave her a Book of Mormon. Thinking that if it talked about Jesus, it must be good, she took it. When she brought the book home, her mom flipped out. She said it was a devil book, the Mormons were a cult, etc. I could go on. S. was surrounded by atheism (her dad and step mom) and religious fanaticism(her mom). There was damage done. She is still wary about the Book of Mormon. We are meeting in her LDS neighbor's home on Tuesday. I can't wait.

We also taught a young man from China by the name of J. He lives with two other men from China. There names are M. and V. They are so awesome. I went there all set to teach the first lesson. We hadn't been there 5 minutes when he raised his hand. "What's your question?" , I asked. "What are your souls?" he asked me. I realized at that point that we would not be talking about Joseph Smith that day. We started from the beginning. In times like these, it's best to lead with the Plan of Salvation.

We answered their questions about Jesus Christ. All they knew about Jesus is what they learned from watching Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ". We told them about the importance of the Atonement. We watched a movie with them called, "Finding Faith in Christ" in Chinese with English subtitles. J. wants to come to church with us tomorrow. His room mates said that they were too busy. We'll keep trying.

Well, Mother's Day is tomorrow. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home