My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 36-P-day Pt. 2- The Zoo-5/3/06

I went to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park in Washington D.C. today. First the bad news. I'm gonna need a more permanent camera. Disposable ones are expensive. I ran out of film early in the zoo trip. We saw some bald eagles. I was only two feet away from a bald eagle and didn't have a camera. Elder Buttars said he would make me some copies from his digital camera. We did see some pretty neat animals, though. The cheetahs, for instance, were fun to watch. There was this little red flag, tied to a rope, which went all around the cheetah enclosure. When the switch was turned on, the red flag would zip around the track and they would chase after it. Watching them you got the feeling that they were no different than house cats. I mean, they were huge cats, but still...

We also saw in the Amazon exhibit, some of the strangest fish I have ever seen in my life. Some of them I thought for sure had to have been from other plants. One of them was huge. It was long and had the weirdest head.

We saw the elephants and giraffes. We go to the zoo at noon. The weather was perfect. One of the first things we saw was the pandas. The best this was that it was not crowded at all. The baby panda was up a tree. It looked so adorable.

It was a pretty good zoo. Not as big as I thought it would be. I like the aquatics area back home better. More exhibits. I could sit and watch the fish all day. That is what I'd like to do sometime. Go to the biggest aquarium in the U.S. and just sit, listen to classical music and watch the fish swim by...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home