My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hit and Run

Day 43-P-day-Today the other missionaries and I are at the park. There's a volleyball court, basketball court, and a large oak tree. I'm sitting under the tree writing in my journal, listening to classical music and watching the other missionaries play sports. I feel very relaxed. I'm going to go ahead and write some letters home. Well, I ended up playing some volleyball at the zone activity. That was pretty fun. If left to my own devices, I don't think I'd ever play a sport. No, you've just got to ask me because it is not in my nature. I like to sit in the shade, listen to music, read, write, draw. That's the life.

Day 44-I got a taste of what I can expect this summer in the humidity department. Going out today, it felt like swimming with your church clothes on, only no water, just the humidity. The water in the air was so thick. It also rained again. Really hard this time. Our dinner appt. took us to TGIFridays. I had a great dinner and dessert. It was called Oreo Madness. It was yummy. It started raining as soon as we sat down. By the time we left it was pouring.

We also got in earlier than we should have. None of our evening appointments were home. The only people we did talk to tonight, we did not plan on. We went to see W. and T. T. is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. We gave him a blessing that all would go well with his operation.

Day 45-5/12/06 Today was a special exchange with Elder Bailey. First some background:
I've been meaning to write this in here since it happened. I was just waiting until I got more information.

(Day 41 I was in charge, remember) Well, Elder Buttars(my comp.) was with Elder Bailey in Reston. Elder Bailey was going down this hill about 20 miles an hour. All of a sudden, this car pulls out from behind a bush at the bottom of the hill. Elder Bailey slams on his brakes which have been tightened up by Elder Buttars earlier that day. His bike comes to a halt and Elder Bailey goes flying over his handlebars. He hit the car.

This is an account from Elder Buttars: Elder Bailey hit the side of the car with his head. He dented the left rear door pretty badly. He also hit it with his left arm and right fist. The driver got out and was upset about his car. Then he sees Elder Bailey lying on the ground and asked if he was okay. To my surprise, the driver then gets back in his car and drives off!

Elder Baily is rushed to the hospital. Elders B&B are at the hospital from 6:00 pm until midnight.

As a result of the accident, Elder Bailey has been confined to his apartment until he recovers. His companion was getting a little cabin fever. A missionary needs to be out teaching, not sitting around. I'm glad we don't have back to back p-days. It seems like too much time would go by with out anything getting done. Well, that is how it was for Elder Oram. (my comp on day 41) Elder Bailey, who thankfully did not get any broken bones, was sore all over and could not be up and out. So I stayed with Elder Bailey and Elder Buttars went out with Elder Oram. It was still a productive day for me. I memorized some scriptures I need for certification. I still need to pass them off to Elder Buttars. I'm tired tonight. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home