My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 38-Zone Meeting Pt. 1-5/5/06

Today is zone conference. I don't know what to expect. My companion says that they are really good. If I hear any missionary tips, I'll write them in here.

The concluding message President B. left us with was "Be One". D&C 38:27 says, "...I say unto you, be one; and if ye are not one, ye are not mine."

What are the fruits of being one? In WWII the German army's blitzkrieg worked as one to take control of France. I thought about Walt Disney's Victory Through Air Power. How the German planes would take down the defenses, thereby opening a way for the tanks to get to the heart of the city. After his talk, I talked to President B. about this. He said that we could learn much from our enemies. We can use our own talents to achieve a common objective. The tanks would not have gotten very far without the planes to clear the way. Just as the planes by themselves could not do it alone without the tanks controlling the ground forces. By using this same philosophy, we can be better missionaries by working together and using our own strengths to help others.

He also told the parable of the bickering brothers. Now, he didn't say it quite like this, but I have Smothers Brothers on the brain.

A farmer had 4 sons. They were a quarrelsome bunch. They were always fighting. "Fight!Fight!Fight!" And they were always bickering. "Bicker! Bicker! Bicker!" And there was contention among them. So the farmer called his sons together and said, "My sons, go and gather me some sticks." They went and brought many sticks to their father. He told them, "You, my sons are like these small sticks. As you go through life you will face many hardships." He gave unto each of his sons a stick and asked them to break it.

After they had broken their stick, he said, "alone the sticks are very weak." He then took 4 more sticks and bound them tight with strong rope and said unto his sons, "Now, break the sticks." They took turns trying to break them. After they had all tried, they said, "Father, we can not break the sticks." "My sons," said the father, "as this bundle of sticks stood firm and would not break, so shall you stand firm through trials as long as you work together!" The brothers resolved to work in harmony and cease to contend one with another. The moral of this story is that if you stick together, you can make a bundle."

President B. asked us what the word "Juggernaught" meant to us. Needless to say, a young missionaries thoughts turned to X-Men. One of them even raised his hand and said, "Juggernaught is a mutant on the X-Men. His powers include invincibility, super human strength and endurance." President B. thought for a moment. "Strength and endurance. An unstoppable force. A juggernaught." That is what we need to be as missionaries. We need to be unstoppable. We must always be engaged in a good cause. We can't be discouraged if we encounter hardships on our missions. We need to keep going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home