My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Day 51- Serving the less active 5-18-06

Today was pretty good. We did service for a less active member of the church. Her name is Sister B. She's something else. She makes her thoughts known and doesn't care who knows it! I think she's funny. Picture the dry humor of Groucho Marx with the punch-line delivery and overall demeaner of Roseanne Barr. That is Sister B.

Anyway, today we helped her repaint her basement. She wants to turn it into a place where her teenage daughter and her friends can hang out.

I hope Sister B. will come back to church. She knows the church is true. She is dealing with her elderly mother who lives with them and has cancer. It reminds me of Grandmama. It's kind of sad. I know Sister B would be blessed by coming to church, though. Ending on kind of a somber note. I'm in a somber mood. Tomorrow promises to be good. I'm going to teach S. Oh, boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home