My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 49- It didn't start with Joseph Smith, but it happened to him-5/16/06

Today was a very good day. We had 4 "member present" lessons! One in a member's home. That was S. We watched "The Restoration" DVD. Afterwards, S. said, "Wait a minute,"...That is her phrase. Doesn't it say in the Bible that nobody can look at God the Father and live? How did Joseph see God and not die?"

We gave her Exodus 33:11. "God spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaketh to his friend." It answered her question, but I wanted to show her one of my all time favorite seminary scriptures. I'm only sorry that I forgot about it when we were teaching her. After we left I thought, "Oh, why didn't I show her Acts!? Acts 7:55-56. It shows so many things. Stephen is talking to the people. He looks up into heaven and sees God the Father and Jesus Christ. It tells us that a.) God the Father, or rather Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two different people; and b.) God the Father has a body. He had to have one or else what was Stephen looking at? He saw God's right hand and the Savior standing next to Him. and c.) He saw our Heavenly Father. Someone looking up into Heaven and beholding two personages. It didn't start with Joseph Smith, but it happened to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home