My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Day 47-Mother's Day-5/14/06

W.'s son T. is recovering from surgery. He's doing very well. W. and J. came to church today. I think J. enjoyed it. He said he wants to come back next week. It's now 4:33pm in Virginia. I just finished my first call home after being away from my family since March 29, 2006.

When talking with S. yesterday, I mentioned that as missionaries we get to call home on Mother's Day and Christmas. S. said that surprised her. She said she knew that we were big on family. She said she was amazed that we could not call home every day. I tried to explain that it was so we could focus more on the work and not what is going on at home. I now realize how true that statement is.

Hearing their voices, I realized how much I miss my family. Writing letters home is fine because I don't feel like I'm right there. If we called home even once a week, guaranteed more missionaries would go home early. Hearing your families voices does something to you. At least it did something to me. I don't know. Every missionary is different. Some might get homesick by reading weekly emails. All I know is that I do a lot better at writing letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home