My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Day 134- O That I Were An Angel…-08-09-06

“O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people.” Alma 29:1 A pretty good scripture and always a favorite one among missionaries.

P-days have been extra busy of late. As a result, I haven’t been able to talk about things in-depth as before. I’ll try to find time later, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be my last transfer in Herndon. Because of this, I’ve slowly begun putting things away and packing things up. Even if I do end up staying for another transfer after this one, I’ll be more ready to leave when it’s time for me to go to a new area. Whenever that is…

Happy Thing for Day 134: Robeks. Elder Davis and I used to go to Robeks at least once a week during morning exercises (see Day 87). Now, Elder Pierce and I go every p-day for a smoothie. They’re so good.

My favorite kind of smoothie that they serve is called the “Polar Pineapple.” It has papaya juice, strawberries, pineapple, pineapple sherbet, and ice, plus a nutritional boost of Vitabek. This contains “100% daily value of 20 vitamins and minerals.” Okay, enough with the sales pitch.

The manager at Robeks is from South America, I think. He’s not very old, maybe in his late 40’s, but his face is very weather-worn, so he looks older. His name is E. E has seen us come in once a week in our shirts and ties for over a month now. He was curious and asked us if we went to school somewhere around there. We told him that we were missionaries for our church. “What time does your church meet?” he asked. As a missionary, even on p-day, you should always be prepared. I whipped out a pass-along card for Mormon.org and wrote the address to the church as well as the meeting time. I don’t know what will happen. It’d be neat to see E at church. We’ll see…

This week is going to be busy. Tomorrow is our weekly planning session. Normally, it’s on Friday, but we’ve moved it just this week since we are having interviews with the mission president this Friday. We’re also having exchanges with the Reston elders. Elder Phelps is coming here and my companion is going with Elder Oram. We have a good day planned. It should be fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like that scripture i'll highlight it when i get a chance.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home