My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 136-When Life Hands You Milk, Make it Chocolate 8-11-06

Today we had interviews with President and Sister W. That was pretty fun. They are really nice. I got to talk about my family and the fun memories we had together. President W challenged us to be better at finding people. He said, “Go to places in your area that you haven’t gone as often. Talk to those that you would not normally talk to because you think they would not be interested. I promise you that more opportunities to teach will be opened to you if you do this.”

He also said, “I want you to come to know Preach My Gospel. The Lord promised that He would put those people in your path that you are prepared to teach. The more prepared you are, the more you know about the lessons, the more people will be put in your path who are ready. If you learn PMG, like the back of your hand, you won’t have to worry about finding people to teach. People will find you.”

After our interviews were over, Elder Chacon drove the four of us to Quizno’s subs for lunch. Elder Pierce, Pierce, Chacon and Gleave. During our lunch, the conversation turned to stealth aircraft. We talked about all of this amazing technology that the government was able to come up with.

Elder Chacon asked me, “Do you think that Section 13 exists?” I told him that I did not know about Section 13. “Is that anything like Area 51?” I asked. “What?” asked Elder Chacon. “Area 51,” I repeated, “the place where the government is supposedly hiding extra terrestrials.” “Oh, yeah, that’s what I meant,” he said. Elder Chacon. He’s so funny.

We talked with a woman named A. She’s from Ghana. She lives in the same apartment building as some of our current investigators. We talked with her briefly and plan to teach her the first lesson on Sunday. That’s pretty exciting!

Happy thing for Day 136: Chocolate milk. Later this evening as my companion and I were making plans for tomorrow, Sister D. called and said that she had some groceries for us. We went down to pick them up. She got us a pineapple, bananas, raspberries, strawberries and other good stuff for smoothies. She also got us a gallon of milk. I had forgotten to tell her that we had enough milk to last for a while. So, adding the half gallon of milk that D gave us plus the milk from Sister D, we now had 4 ½ gallons of milk! To help us get through it all, my companion pulled out some Nesquik chocolate powder and made us a nice big glass of chocolate milk. It was pretty good!

Well, I’m tired. It’s late. It’s been a hard day of missionary work. See you in the morning. MMM…bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home