My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 176-Odd Missionary Memories

Today was a very blustery day. And no wonder! It's Winds-day after all, and another enjoyable p-day for me.

I wrote letters and sent more journal pages home. I can't help but feel a little uneasy at the prospect of the up-coming transfer calls in a couple of weeks. All signs point to yes that I'll be leaving Herndon for another area. I haven't had to move before on my mission and I'm not looking forward to it.

Today for dinner we went to the hamburger diner called Fuddruckers. Brother M. went with us. Brother M went to wash his hands. A man called my companion and me over to his table. He was a pretty big man with slightly greasy hair. He wore a plaid dark yellow shirt. His appearance was over all dissheveled. He looked like Mr. Incredible at his most seediest. Very Intense Persona. (VIP)

"You're Mormon missionaries, right?" he asked us. I answered that yes we were. "Well, I've got some questions for you. What is the number of the Holy Spirit? There was a brief pause. Again he asked, "What's the number of the Holy Spirit?" I thought to myself, "What's this guy talking about?" I answered, "I believe it's unlisted." (Rimshot) He was not amused. Didn't even crack a smile. "The Spirit has a number." "What is it?" "It's 50," he said. "The number is 50. He then explained to us how the number was 50. It had something to do with how many days after some event in the Bible did something happen. I really couldn't keep up. (Truly you have a dizzying intellect. Wait til I get going.- The Princess Bride)

"What's the shape of the Urim and Thummim?" he asked us. "Uhhh...I said. "You don't know? he said. "You should know this. It's a triangle. The shape is a triangle.

As it turned out, the man asking us all these questions is a member of the church. I'm Ross Hunter, he said. He's a high priest and lives in West Virginia. He is a relative of Howard W. Hunter. He just wanted to show off his trivial spiritual knowledge with us, I guess. Interesting missionary memories-if not a little odd. (I don't know about what he said. I will have to study for myself)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home