My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Day 161-Crikey-09-05-06

It rained yesterday during Zone Conference. We spent most of yesterday inside, so it didn’t bother us. Today, however…

It rained all day. Being good missionaries, we went out and worked. Today is Tuesday, so our first stop was the Senior Center. Today was a great day of service! I was able to help a woman from Russia. She was trying to learn how to e-mail her daughter and I helped her get all set up with an account on Yahoo.

Now, as missionaries, we are not really supposed to keep up with the news, read the paper or things like that. It’s all about staying focused and losing your self in the work. But, sometimes you can’t help it. Like today, when I was showing this lady how to set up her account on Yahoo, I saw the headlines of the day. This brings me to my Happy Thought for Day 161: I wasn’t killed by a stingray stabbing me in the heart with its tail. This is in reference to the news headline I saw about Steve Irwin, better known as “The Crocodile Hunter”. He died yesterday at age 44. He was filming what would be his last documentary. He was swimming above a stingray when it lashed out and speared him in the heart with its barbed tail. He died within minutes. “Crikey” It was a giant Bull Stingray weighing over 200 pounds. So, thinking about this accident, today is an extra good day to count your many blessings.

After lunch today, we went to teach JA. When we got to his place, he was stepping outside with his umbrella. “Hey, J,” I said. “We’re here for our appointment.” “I thought you were not coming because of the rain,” he said. J said that he had some errands to run today, so we ended up rescheduling to go see him on Sunday at 3:00pm.

Today my companion’s bike broke. At J’s house he noticed that one of the spokes on his front bike rim was sticking out. “That’s not good,” I said. “No kidding,” said my companion. So, we headed home to repair his bike. Fortunately, we had a spare rim in the apartment left by a previous missionary, so changing the rim was not a problem.

We also tracted for a little while. My TTH is now at 48(total tracting hours). No new developments. Tomorrow is p-day. It is also a deep clean day. We found out at zone conference yesterday that sometime this month Sister W is going to pay the missionaries a visit for apartment inspection. We’ve got to make sure this place “shines like the top of the Chrysler Building.”- Miss Hannigan in “Annie”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home