My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 178 continued...The Four C's and the Five Points

Continuing on with my interview with President and Sister W...

Sister W shared with me a scripture. "This is the one that Elder T shared with me," she said. It was Mormon 9:31. "Condemn me not because of mine imperfections, neither my father, because of his imperfections, neither them who have written before him; but rather give thanks unto God that he made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Good ol' Moroni. He's always so humble. I sure enjoyed being able to talk with Sister W. Now on to President W.

President W shared with me the 4 C's of sharing scriptures with people.
First is Context Give good setup for the scripture you want to share.
Second is Content Share the scripture. Explain any hard words or words people might not be familiar with; i.e. upbraideth means that God's not gonna get mad at your for asking. We missionaries have to explain that one a lot.
Third is Conclusion Bear sincere testimony as to why the scripture you have just shared is important. Tell the people that you teach that you hope they will be able to feel the important meaning within the scripture.
Fourth is Commit Leave people with a commitment based on the scripture you just shared with them, i.e. "Will you do what Alma asks in Alma 32? Will you experiment on the Book of Mormon? Read it, plant the seen in your heart and see if it's a good seed. Will you do that?" Context, Content, Conclusion, Commit. Okay!

We also had a lesson by our zone leaders, Elder H and Elder B. They asked me what Five Points of Unity were. "Well," I said. "You want five points about unity. Unity has five letters, so I'll give 5 points.

U-Understand the needs of those you teach.
N-Never forget to use your scriptures.
I-Include your Investigators. Ask them questions.
T-Take turns testifying with your companion.
Y?-Because we love them.

U.N.I.T.Y. That spells Unity! Hip-hip Hurray! Hip-hip Hurray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home