My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 195 Meetings and a Baptism 10/09/06

Today we had meetings. Since we have a car, we didn't need other missionaries to give us a ride. The Fredricksburg zone is pretty huge. We went way out in the the country to go to our district meeting today.

We went into the town of Spotsylvania. Is that a great name or what? I love it. I can picture a vampire Dalmatian.

It also made me think of Count Duckula. One of my favorite bits from the show is when Count Duckula is exploring the Egyptian pyramids. He falls through a trap in the floor. When he wakes up, he realizes that he's been tied to a sacrificial altar. There are two high priests standing over him. They tell Count Duckula that he is going to be sacrificed to the Sun god Ra. "Why?", Count Duckula asked. "So that we can raise our beloved Queen Upshi from her tomb," they said. Yes, we will continue sacrificing until he has had his fill!". Count Duckula asks, "Who, Ra?"
"And Upshi rises! replied the high priests. "Who Ra, and Upshi rises! Who Ra and Upshi rises, Who Ra and Upshi rises early in the morning." -Count Duckula; the episode was, "No sax please, we're Egyptian." I love that show. It's so funny.

At district meetings today, guess who I found out was in my district? Sister Pierce (Day 119) Boy, just when you think you are away from all of the Pierce and Pierce jokes...No, seriously, I love being in the same district as Sister Pierce. She's a fun-lovin' cowgirl. Guess who else is in my new district? Now, I know you won't get this one. It's not Elder Buttars (my first companion. It's not Elder Davis or any of my roommates from the MTC. It's Elder Mann. It is the brother of one of my good friend and roommate from the MTC. (see Day 12)

At the MTC, Elder Mann mentioned to me that his brother was serving a mission in D.C. South, but I never thought I'd be in the same zone with him. They look a lot alike. I'm gonna try and talk to Elder Mann next week after meetings if I have time. I want to ask how he's enjoying his mission and if he knows the latest on his brother who is serving a mission in Florida. I plan to write his brother sometime....Hmmm....one of these p-days....

Happy Thing for Day 195: CK's baptism! It was wonderful. I loved the Spirit that was felt there. I wish I could keep it with me always. I had been asked to give the opening prayer. I was honored to do so. C's family was there. She was so happy to have all of the support. C's friend A gave a talk on baptism. A was who introduced C to the church. In her talk, A used a scripture that I've always liked. Alma 5:62 "I speak...unto those who do not belong to the church...by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may also be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life."

The baptism of CK was performed by my companion, Elder C. I stood beside the font as a witness along with Brother Miller from the Dahlgren branch. We were watching to make sure it was a complete baptism. It was. Not even a toe came up out of the water. Welcome to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Sister K.

C said she was so happy and told us this was one of the greatest times she would remember in her life. We brought out cake and presents to celebrate her 15th birthday. We sang "Happy Birthday" to her. One of her presents was her very own set of scriptures. She was so happy. (sigh) Good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home