My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 196 -10/10/06 - Preparing for a Talk

The zone leaders called us today. At district meetings, it was announced that we would have a zone conference with President and Sister Wixom next Monday, October 10th, 2006 (Day 202). The zl's have asked me to prepare a 10 minute talk about how to make a good lesson plan and what we can learn from our study journals. (You had me at "journal". - Elder Pierce) It should be a lot of fun. Can you imagine? Me, asked to give a talk on the importance of writing journals?!? I can't wait! And, yes, I know it's not all about writing journals. I'm also supposed to talk about preparing lesson plans. But really, what is a lesson plan? To me, it's just another thing you write in your journal. You write what you hope to teach your investigator, the commitments that you plan to leave with them. Then, after the lesson is over, you write how they received the message and plan what to share with them the next time based on how the lesson went and the questions that they raised. How convenient is this? To commemorate (Day 200) in my journal this Saturday, I had planned to write about how much my journal means to me. It's funny how things work out.

Today was kind of slow. This afternoon we got caught in a traffic jam. For 20 minutes we did not move anywhere. There was road construction up ahead. Fortunately, I had a sack of Ensigns that I had been meaning to read. So, while we were stopped, I turned off the music and read my companion some articles from past Ensigns. They were very good; very spiritually uplifting.

Happy Thing for Day 196: We got a call from Sister M today! Sister M is a really nice lady. When Elder W and Elder C were teaching C, they would usually meet at the M's home. We plan to meet with C in the M's home on Friday to share a spiritual thought. This Sunday, C will be conferred a member of the church and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. After C is confirmed, we plan on going by Monday evening after zone conference to share another message with her. Sister M told us that C's mom and aunt were invited to come and study with us. It looks like they accepted the invitation and will be there. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home