My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Leaving the MTC

(3-29-06 to 4-19-06 Hard to believe Elder (Logan) Pierce has been gone three weeks)

Well, I'm about to leave the MTC. I think I made an impression. I was able to finish the Simon Dewey, "Peace, Be Still" clay sculpture while I was here. I plan to leave it here at the MTC. I'm going to take lots of pictures and send them home later so that you can see the sculpture.

I made a new best friend at the MTC. It is called the Pentel brand 8-change Pencil. It's this amazing pencil for marking scriptures. I will also start using it to color the pictures I send you. It's great. The colored lead that comes with it is very sturdy. The thing is, it only comes with 8 basic colors. Could you please look and see if you could find colored lead refills on the internet or maybe different colors of lead. Thanks.

When I leave the MTC to go to the SLC airport, I'll be able to call you before I fly out to Virginia and the Washington D.C. Mission. I'll mail you my new address when I get there. I have included another four pages of my study journal. I'll keep sending them as long as I can find a copy machine.

I wanted to say thank you for all the gifts and the letters and packages. The only problem is that I can't eat it all. I came to find out, at the MTC, no missionary eats it all. Whenever an Elder leaves to go to the mission field he drops off all the food he could not eat at the door of the new missionaries. Every missionary's family sends a ton of candy to the MTC. ha ha ha

I'd like pictures from home, good scriptures you think I should mark, maybe some more essential oils and some Pentel lead refills. I won't get it before I leave, so wait until I get to my new address.

I hope it does not seem that all I do is ask for things. These letters are just a way to talk to you and tell you what you what would be helpful on my mission. I am really grateful for all that I already have.

It also comes to mind that some of these things I talk about may not make much sense. They will when you get enough of my journal.

That's all for now.
See you in D.C.
Love,
Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home