My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day 28-No, Thank You, We're Catholic-4/25/06

Tomorrow is my first real p-day in the field, but enough about tomorrow. Let's focus on today!

Today my companion and I knocked on some doors. Now the last thing I want to do is to put down someone else's religion, but, well, almost every single member of the Catholic church that I have seen is so short tempered with us Mormons. This one woman told us to get off her property! Anything that is peddled by the missionaries is treated like the plague. I know it's an unfair generality, but I haven't met one person that has said, "I'm sorry. We're Catholic, but we think it is great how you guys go around talking about the Savior". Not one. All we get is a curt, "We're Catholic. Not interested." SLAM!

I'd never do this, but I am tempted to say when they answer the door, "Hello. We are representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we've come to share a message about-" "No thank you, we're Catholic." You're Catholic?!" "Yes". "Well, admitting it is the first step to recovery." SLAM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home