My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day 30-Splits-4/27/06

A mission. Exciting and new. Come aboard. We're expecting you!

Today I went on missionary exchanges. If you don't know what these are, that is where you split from your companion and go with a different companion to another area of the mission.

My new companion for the day was Elder Spencer. I think I may have forgotten to mention this, but my comp. Elder Buttars is my district leader. He has a lot of responsibility. He has to get information every night from the missionaries in our district and give it to our zone leader. Elder Spencer is our zone leader. He then takes the information from our zone and gives it to the mission office.

Elder Spencer is keeping me very busy. I can't help but notice that I am being paired with Elders who wield authority in this mission. Either they are putting me with those leaders so that I can learn from them for when I am a leader, or I need so much help that they can only pair me with their best people. Neither idea bodes too well.

Elder Spencer gets to drive a car. Such are the perks of the zone leader. It was a nice break from my bike to get to ride shotgun. After lunch we helped move these members who are selling their house. After that it was a pretty blank day. No one was home. We kept tracting every house we saw. Everyone was at work. This is a hard area. You can hardly find anyone to talk to.

I'm very tired. I'm spending the night with Elder Spencer and going back to Elder Buttars in the morning. I miss my apartment with the huge stereo system. Five cd changer. Beautiful. Beautiful. I could not bring it with me. I'm just very glad it is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home