My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 101-Lawnmowers and Haircuts-07-07-06

Today was pretty good. I am always amazed by how much we as missionaries are able to get done in a day.

We checked in on Sister B. She is so nice to us. Since her mother died, she’s found a renewed desire to get her family to church. I feel that she always wanted to be at church, but she needed to take care of her mother and could not really leave her.

We helped her put together her new lawnmower. I’m still impressed with myself. We took it out of the box, followed the directions and it worked! It worked the first time we tried it. Sister B also gave us haircuts. It wasn’t a planned thing. She just commented that my hair was getting a little long. She had an electric shaver on hand, so… she offered to cut our hair for us. We said, “Sure, as long as we’re here.” Sister B also gave us some food and things to take home. My companion took home a brand new $50 electric manicure device with attachments, for free. Sister B said, “Take it. I don’t need it.” I don’t know how much Elder Davis needs it either, but never look a gift horse in the mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home