My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 97-A Great Day to be a Missionary-07-03-06

Today was good. As often is the case, the more things that happen, the less time there is to write about it. Today we met President and Sister W. for the first time. They are so nice. President W. is so funny. When he got up to talk, he said, “You Elders are wonderful. And the Sisters…Shazam”!!! President W. is different from President B. President B. would never say Shazam. Haha. I imagine they are both great leaders, just different styles.

President W. spoke about the importance of speaking from your heart. “When you bear your testimony, it needs to be genuine. Don’t do this (President W. takes his index finger and rolls it over his lips B-L-L-L-L-L-L”.) He asked us to prepare a 10 minute talk on the Saviors Atonement for the next Zone Conference. Like at the MTC, everyone prepares a talk and you don’t know if you will present it or not until they call you up. I like that though. It’s fun to prepare a talk. President W. said that even if we don’t give it at zone conference, not to worry. He may call on us some time at a moments notice. Shazam!

I’ll write more about President and Sister W. as I get to know them.

Today was a great day to be a missionary sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. We taught A’s mother J (day 88). We also taught A’s cousin D. We taught them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was one of the best teaching experiences I’ve had in a while.

J and D both enjoyed the lesson. After it was over, D told us, “You two are great. You are welcome back anytime. You have a real peace about you.” It’s always nice to hear something like that. I could really feel the spirit when we taught and I know D could feel it, too.

We are planning to visit A in jail this Saturday. It’s out of our zone, so we’ll need permission from President W. I think we’ll get it though. D and J want to go as well. I’ll let you know how it went.

When we got home from teaching there was a message on the phone. It was from S. She called about going to the pancake breakfast tomorrow. She was hoping we’d be there. I wouldn’t miss it.

She also said that she had some questions. She did not say what they were over the phone, but she did say that she had read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and was wondering about some things. The Plan of Salvation covers a lot of ground. My guess is that her questions are about the Three Degrees of Glory. I could be wrong. Shelley asks great questions, so win-win either way.

S. Tomorrow. Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast. Tomorrow. 8:00 am. I can’t wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home