My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 94-We Paid the Fine, Still Blows My Mind, Hey, Maddie-6-30-06

Well, today has been good so far. It's 6:10pm. A member should be droppin off our dinner soon. I'll say this...it feels good to share the gospel with people. Having been cooped up the better part of a week with Elder D., it felt like forever since we talked with someone. I mean, we've taught S. and others that we were already teaching, but today we went out and taught new people.

This means...We got Maddie back! The fine was paid by the mission. Elder D. and I were told that we would have to pay the mission office back, so it looks like July is going to be a lean month when it comes to spendin' for Elder Pierce. As for whether or not Elder D. and I will get retribution on that tow-happy landlord who doesn't even place a sign saying "visitors need a permit to park in the visitor's parking or else they will be towed", remains to be seen. We'd had that car for less than an hour, man. R.'s was the first place we went and we got towed!!! There is no safe place to park there. We found that out at the cost of $65. Sooo sad. (Little cartoon of money with wings)

But enough about that depressing stuff. We got Maddie back. We went driving around. First though, before that, we planned. Elder D. and I had been kind of slacking off in the planning department. The reason being, we could not go anywhere without an exchange (because of the broken arm/no biking/no car), so there was very little to plan for.

Today, though, we sprang into action. We called a new potential investigator, T., and met with her today. We first met T. a little over three weeks ago. We gave her a Book of Mormon and committed her to read from it. We have her 3Nephi11 to read. That was over three weeks ago. We've tried to contact her again after that, but she's not been home until now.

We met with her today. She read 3Nephi11 and was really interested. She had some questions that we were able to answer. I love it when investigators read from the Book of Mormon. We'll keep in touch with T. in the coming weeks. She's a short, black woman. She's pretty young. Tweny-one or twenty-two. A funny thing, she's in the same apartment complex as W., A.'s mom and C. (see day 73) She lives in the apartment right above W.

9:30pm-I'm thinking about my mission so far. There really is no such thing as a normal mission. I mean, I was companions with my district leader on my first transfer. On my second transfer, I got certified. My new companion broke his arm. Because of that, we got a car. I, as a junior companion, was allowed to drive. Well, not so much allowed…I was told I had to drive. Not to mention the fact that the car was towed away within the hour after I got behind the wheel.

Yeah, things are pretty crazy right now. All I can think of is mailing a package home. I’m sending my brothers and sister some toys and things. I’m also mailing more of my journal home. I hope I can do that tomorrow. It’ll probably take two or more weeks to get home.

As for driving, I haven’t crashed yet. You’ll be pleased to know the learning curve for the car isn’t as steep as was my bike. Good day. We tracted. Talked to some people. Taught T. I got my wonderful Maddie back. Sure it’ll cost me some money, but I choose not to think about that right now. I’ll just get upset. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home