My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Day 98-The Anatomy of a Discussion-07-04-06

“So, we know that we have a physical body. That is so we can be more like the Savior, do you agree, S? “Yeah”.

“Now, about Adam and Eve…This is one of my favorite doctrinal topics”, said Elder Pierce-The Fall of Adam and Eve.” “Cause, you know, said S, it seems like they were set up. God already knew that they were going to make the wrong choice. He knows everything.” “He knows, said Elder D. but He doesn’t make us do it.” “Right! So, then what was the purpose in creating the garden and saying, Don’t eat of that tree? He knew before he created them that they were going to eat of that tree.” “We can discuss this next time S,” said Elder D. “I’m getting excited for next time,” said Elder Pierce. “I’ll have a great discussion planned for next time. This was one of my favorite topics to study in seminary and on my mission. What was the real purpose of the Fall of Adam and Eve?”

“Oh, I’m excited now, said S. I can’t wait.” “Because when I studied it in seminary, it never made sense to me. I guess I could never get it straight in my own mind,” said Elder Pierce.

Elder D. said, “Write down this scripture and look at it. There’s a verse...or I could give you the whole chapter…” “Well, give me the whole chapter,” said S. “2Nephi 2 and to highlight one verse it would be 2 Nephi 2:25, but the whole chapter is great.” “What’s it about?” asked S. “Well," said Elder Pierce, "remember Lehi? We talked about him. He is telling his sons about the creation and the Fall of Adam and Eve. But we are going to save this discussion for next time.”

“So, hopefully, said Elder D., we have shed some light on the pre-earth life.” “Yes, you have, said S. It’s like when Sister H. and I first talked about Jesus having a body…I mean I’ve studied the word. I’ve been studying my whole life. There are certain things that were never brought out to me…things that I never saw when I read the Bible. Like, in Genesis, when God created the heavens and earth, He says, “We”…you find out that it was Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When I went to Sunday school it was always, ‘God created the heavens and the earth. I never noticed the we. I mean, I find it so interesting that there are all these little things in here that I am just now noticing.”

“We’d like to leave you with a word of prayer”, said, Elder Pierce.

So that was our lesson with S. I’d like to give a special thank you to Elder D and his tape recorder. He recorded the whole lesson and I was able to write it down here. I don’t plan to make a habit of it because it is very time-consuming.

It also rained a lot today. I mean, it was coming down in buckets, but nothing Maddie couldn’t handle of course. I kind of feel sorry for those Elders out on bikes in this weather. I should be quiet, though. I’ll BE one of those Elders when Elder D gets transferred.

We went to see D again. His mom wasn’t there. She was working. A is still in prison. We talked to D about going to visit A on Saturday. A’s other cousin B is living there with them as well. We taught them most of the first lesson. It went very well. D wants to meet with us again. D asked us, “Why are we here?” We’ll try to answer his question next time.

Well, gee whiz! Today sure was a long day. Tomorrow is p-day. One of the highlights will be to meet in Sister A’s home to teach her daughter N’s friend D. I can’t believe it! Two more days and I will have been on my mission 100 days! Wow! That is something. Today I am glad that we were able to teach S. I’m going to have to prepare something really good for the Fall of Adam and Eve. Watch for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home