My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 102-A Visit to the Prison-07-08-06

Today we attempted to see A in prison. In order to do that, we had to ask our district leader, Elder Oram. He, in turn, calls the zone leaders and asks them if it’s okay. The zone leader calls the assistant to the Mission President. The assistant to the President calls the Mission President for permission. In this case, the Mission President said it was okay.

We got a ride from Brother S. He’s the ward mission leader. When we got to the prison, 30 minutes away, we were told that we could not see A because he had already had a visitor that day. We were told to try again next week. I guess that is what we’ll do. (Sigh)

So, we headed home. This afternoon we stopped by Brother G’s house to check on him and see how he was doing. I also got to see my bike for the first time in weeks. Maddie did not come equipped with a bike rack, so we have to leave our bikes there for now.

We also taught D and Sister A’s house. We taught him the cup lesson. It went great. I want to mention Sister A’s son D (not the same D as the D that we taught). He is 17. He is a martial arts master. They literally have 1st place trophies laying around the house. They are piled up in the corner. This is a great family.

Well, that and other events of the day have worn me out. I’m tired. I want to go to bed. Tomorrow is church. Hopefully S will be there. Cross your fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home