My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 103-Sunday-07-09-06

We didn’t have any investigators at church today. W’s been a little distant to us, it seems. S wasn’t there. Oh, well…we are supposed to see her on Tuesday.

Today was a big day for the H family. It was their son, J’s last Sunday before he goes on his mission. Elder H has been called to serve in the Lubbock, TX English Speaking Mission. He gave a great talk in church today. At the end of his talk, he sang the first verse of “I Know that My Redeemer Lives.” It was so sweet. I wish S would have been there to hear it.

Needless to say, the H’s are going to be very busy this week. J’s leaving for the MTC on Wednesday. Sister H said that this week could we find another home to meet with S. We’ll see what we can get worked out.

We saw T today. She has not been coming to church, so we stopped by to see how she was doing. T’s oldest son is back in prison for breaking and entering. He’s the father of T’s grandchildren who are staying with her. Both of her son’s are in jail now. (Sigh)

The church has been working with T to help her get her patriarchal blessing and a temple recommend. I’m thankful that we have a goal to work toward with T. It’ll be great for her to get those, but first we have got to get her to church.

We plan on going to talk with T tomorrow. She is going to have a friend there and wants him to hear the message of the gospel. I’ll tell how that goes tomorrow.

Tomorrow we have meetings and Elder Davis is in charge of the game. I get to help. It’s going to be lots of fun. I’ll write down the questions and answers. It’s going to be fun and crazy. I can’t wait.

We are going to go over to Brother and Sister N’s for dinner. Their daughter’s boyfriend will be there. He’s been with them to the Visitor’s Center, so he wants to take the discussions. Tomorrow looks pretty busy. Pretty exciting…and it’s only going to get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home