My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Day 107-Elder Pierce Squared-07-13-06

Well, I was able to have one last hurrah with Maddie. We loaded up Elder Davis’ stuff and went to the transfer meeting. I should be meeting Elder Pierce any time now.

I ran into Sister Roberts at the transfer meeting today. I first met Sister Roberts at the MTC. We both came out to D.C. at the same time. She’s originally came from Ireland. She asked me if I still carried around my bag of oils. She reminded me about the time we spent at the mission home that first night with President B. We had just gotten up. We got dressed and went into the family room. We got out our scriptures and began our morning studies. The long plane ride from SLC had made us all very tired and some missionaries were dozing off. I was one of those missionaries. I pulled out some peppermint essential oil and rubbed a drop down my nose to wake myself up. I offered some to Sister Roberts who was trying not to doze off. She asked if it would help her stay awake. She tried some. “WoW! That stuff is strong!” She didn’t have any trouble staying awake after that. Good memories.

Sister Roberts is here on a Spanish-speaking mission. Her name tag reads “Hermana Roberts”. She has this thick, Irish accent, so it’s funny to think of her speaking Spanish. She says she is having a great time on her mission. I am, too.

Well, I met Elder Pierce. He seems like a nice, level-headed fella’. I was asked to bear my testimony at the transfer meeting. I was just sitting there with all of the other missionaries. The AP was talking and then said, “And now a testimony by Elder Logan Pierce.” It felt like an electrical current went through me, I was so shocked. When I got up there, I told about how our meeting with S went yesterday; about how she knew the truth through the Holy Ghost; that she’d been facing all of this opposition since she started meeting with us. I said how excited I was to go back and see how she was doing. I also mentioned my new companion Elder Pierce. I said, “For those of you who don’t know, I’m Elder Pierce. My new companion is also Elder Pierce. It’s going to be interesting talking to people and telling them that the two of us aren’t brothers…Well, we are brothers in a spiritual sense, so…” Everyone laughed at that.

Then President W. stood up next to me and said, “This companionship is called Elder Pierce squared! Everyone laughed harder.

Elder Pierce said that this is nothing new for him. I’m one of several companions he’s had with a funny name paired with his. His companion at the MTC was named Elder Spear. “Piercing Spear”-get it?” Another one of his companions was named Elder Pierson. “Hey, it’s Elder Pierce and Pierson.” And now me. “Hey, Elder Pierce,” “Yes,” we both answer. This transfer’s going to be great!

I saw Elder Francom at transfers. It was good to see him again. Elder Thatcher and Elder Patton were not there, which means that they and their companions are staying in the same area.

Elder Pierce has been on his mission for 1 year. The Herndon area is the furthest north he’s been his whole mission. Before, he spent all of his time out in the rural areas of Virginia. When we first got back to the apartment after transfers, he was amazed at all of the buildings here. “For the first time on my mission, I am in a city.” This is also the first time that Elder Pierce has been in a bike area. His bike did not have a headlight on it. He asked if mine did. “Nope,” I said. “Isn’t it dangerous riding at night?” “Not really,” I said, as long as you stay under street lights.” My companion was shocked. “Whoa! Street lights! Having been in the same area so far on my mission, I did not realize what all is out there, or not out there as the case may be. The other Elder Pierce has been on his mission for a year and this is the first time that he has had the advantage of street lights at night. I think we’re going to have fun together. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home