My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 90-District Meeting-6-26-06

Today we had district meetings. Those are always fun. Today's district meeting was extra special. It was Elder Goodrich's birthday. We sang him a song. We also played a trivia game which I won. Not to be lifted up in pride, mind you, but I knew a lot of the answers. Here's an example: "In the June Ensign of this year the Gospel Classic talk, 'Profile of a Prophet' was given by whom?" (silence) "Anyone?" (I stand up.) "President Hugh B. Brown"?, I ask. "Yes. Five hundred points for Elder Pierce."

My favorite questions, though, were the ones I didn't know the answers to. Example: "Which OT prophet compares missionaries to fishers and hunters?" I didn't know, but Sister Pletsch, a sister missionary in my district who looks eerily similar to Chloe O'Brian from the tv series 24, did know the answer. "Jeremiah?", she asks. "That's right. It was the prophet Jeremiah! Jeremiah 16:16

Another good question was, "Which OT prophet was made fun of for being bald?" As it turns out, it was the prophet Elisha. 2nd Kings 2: 23-25 It's a pretty funny story. (Elder Pierce drew a cartoon depicting the scripture.)

Another thing we had to do for one of the questions was recite Joseph Smith's First Vision as it appears in Preach MY Gospel on pg. 37...backward. I could not do it. We were not allowed to look. You had to do it from memory. You could write it down from memory and then recite it. That is what Sister Pletch did. She got it!

I'm so excited! I can't wait! Tomorrow's the day we go to the Visitors Center with S. Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya', tomorrow. You're only a day away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home