My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 141 – P-Day Bowl-O-Rama-August 16, 2006

Today we went bowling for P-day. It was a lot of fun. A good time was had by all. Happy Thing for {Day 141}; I got a strike on my very first try! Next, I picked up a spare! Then, I got a gutter ball. I never really recovered after that. I did pick up another spare at the end. My total score wasn’t that great. I bowled a 74. I still had a blast, though. The real exciting contest though was between Elder Phelps and Elder McCann. Those two were amazing bowlers. Elder Phelps got strike and then Elder McCann got a strike. In the end, Elder McCann got a total of 5 strikes and 2 spares that game and wound up with a score of 170. Elder Phelps had 4 strikes (three of them in a row! Which in bowling terms is known as a “Turkey”) along with 4 spares; which gave Elder Phelps a score of 184! Elder Phelps: Master bowler, champion over the “Flatliner” and one darn good missionary!

I didn’t get to see Elder Chacon bowl, but my companion, Elder Pierce, saw it and described it this way, “Chacon is a stinkin’ gorilla. He hurls the ball down the alley as hard as he can.” Elder Chacon told me afterwards that he doesn’t even use the finger holes in the bowling ball. He would just grab it with both hands and then chuck it with all his might. Occasionally he’d hit the pins and they would explode, but most of the time it would roll into the gutter. It must’ve been a sight to see, though.

After P-day was over we went to go check on T. It had been a while since we last talked to her ({Day 126}). She wasn’t home. The man upstairs who rents a room in T’s house came to the door and told us that T was out of town and that she wouldn’t be back until September 1st ({Day 157}). That means that I might not see T again before I leave Herndon. Now, at this point, I don’t know if I’m leaving Herndon or not. If I get transferred to a new area, I’ll find out about it in a week. Will I stay or will I go?

A quick note before I go to bed. As Elder Pierce and I were heading home for the night, we were taking the W and OD trail (W and OD stands for Washington and Old Dominion). We met a biker on the trail who talked with us as we rode back. Elder Pierce kept trying to bring up gospel topics but the man would change the subject. He was nice enough, just not very spiritually minded. After all that biking this evening, my legs are pretty sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home