My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 142 –It Comes Down to the Investigator-August 17, 2006

We saw J and Y today. We plan on taking both of them to the Visitor’s Center on Saturday to watch The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd. The Reston Elders are having a baptism that evening at 7:00 p.m. J said that he won’t be able to go because of his work. Y might be able to go…we’ll see what happens.

Before I worry about getting an investigator to come to a baptism, I should worry about a ride to the Visitor’s Center. We want to go from noon to five; but all that might be moot if we can’t find anyone to take us. We’ll make some calls, but most of the people we’ve called are on vacation.

We also went by S’s house today in the hopes of seeing her and resolving some issues as to whether or not she was interested in further investigating the church at this point. Her son, D, answered the door and told us that she was feeling sick. S had apparently become dehydrated at her job on the horse ranch and come home to rest and recover.

My feeling about S at this point: I want S to learn the truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Having said that, I’m now realizing the comes a point when you need to say, “enough is enough.” I’m tired of grasping at straws and getting my hopes up. {Day 135) was the last time I talked to S. At that point, I thought, “Okay! Maybe this is it! Maybe S will turn around and want to learn more about the church again!” I now have a better understanding that no matter how much I want and pray for someone to accept the restored gospel, it ultimately comes down to the investigator. They have to decide what path they will take. What a kind and loving Father in Heaven we all have; that he gives us the awesome responsibility of agency, to choose for ourselves. Maybe someday, S …

Happy Thing for {Day 142}: On {Day 74}, Elder Davis got hit by a car (that isn’t the happy thing) when he was chasing after a bubble car. Well, today, I saw a van, a dinosaur van. It was a big purple van, with over 200 plastic dinosaurs glued to the roof and other places. The dinosaurs were of varying sizes, shapes and colors. I’d never seen anything like it before… and, no, I didn’t try to chase after it. I’m not taking any chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home