My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 145-A Pretty Fun Day- 8-20-06

Today was a little slow. We went tracting for a bit. My total tracting hours are now at 46. It did not lead to too many prospective investigators. Oh, well.

Something neat happened on the way to dinner tonight. We ran into Moses. Well, my companion said he looked like Moses. He had long white hair and a huge bushy beard that covered both of his shoulders. He wore a headband and had a light faded orange t-shirt that had a picture of a dream-catcher on it. He also wore shorts and sandals. He was out walking his dogs. We waved to him and he nodded back. We would have stopped to talk to him, but we were in a hurry to get to dinner on time. We didn’t want to be late.

That brings me to Happy Thing for Day 145: We ate dinner with the B family. We had breakfast for dinner. I love that. There were eggs and waffles and all kinds of good stuff. Plus, no one makes better dinner conversation than Sister B. She was as funny as ever. She reminded me of something that I forgot to mention in my journal as part of {Day 51}. That was the day that Elder Buttars and I helped paint her basement. What I forgot to mention is what happened while we were painting. I was painting down low and Elder Buttars was painting near the ceiling. I was going right and he was going left. Every time I backed up I moved my paint tray back. Elder Buttars moved forward and put his foot right into my paint tray. We were in our service clothes and had taken our shoes and socks off, but still…he didn’t enjoy getting his foot covered in paint. It was pretty funny, though.

After dinner, Sister B brought out dessert. It was a cake shaped like Elmo from Sesame Street. She said that it was in honor of Elder Kris Pierce, or Tickle Me Elder Pierce as he’s better known (see {Day 108}). So today was pretty fun.

I forgot to mention that J was at church for sacrament meeting. We’ll continue to work with him, but for now, I’m tired. I’m going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home