My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 147-Even If You Plan, It Can Still Fail-8-22-06

The events that happened on {Day 147} were not that great. In fact, today kind of stank. We did not meet with S today. Brother P came by right on time to pick us up. We went over to S’s house this afternoon around 3:30 and she was not home. I hope her illness did not get worse to where she had to go to the hospital, because no one answered the door at her house. We might stop by and visit her sometime tomorrow after we find out if either of us is getting transferred tomorrow.

Even if I don’t see S again before I get transferred, at least I was able to share with her just how much she has meant to me as a missionary.

We also did not meet with A. We stopped by, but he was not home. “Well,” I said, “Since we can’t get in touch with A, let’s go try to see G. I first met G a long time ago when I went on exchanges with Elder Phelps. It was the last time I taught A before he went to jail. We talked to A about his baptismal commitments. What I didn’t mention in my journal was that A’s friend G was there also. G listened while we taught and seemed pretty interested. Back then we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon. Since that time we have not been able to meet with G for another discussion. We’ve seen him in passing and stopped to talk, but nothing else came of it until today.

G is 18 years old. He works as a security guard for an office building. He works the night shift and sleeps in the morning. We talked with him today about a convenient time to meet and decided on Friday at 3:00, assuming that I’m still here and did not get transferred. We get our transfer calls tomorrow, so one of the Elders Pierce might be outta here. If I do go, I’m sure the other Elder Pierce will take over and keep Herndon going.

I’m a little nervous about the impending transfer calls. If I end up leaving Herndon, it’ll mean a lot of packing in a little amount of time. I do think that I might be ready for a change, though. If I do end up staying, it will give me a chance to continue working with A and G. Not to mention J and Y. One way or another, we’ll find out tomorrow.

Happy Thing for Day 147: Bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home