My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Day 148-Another Six Weeks of Elder Pierce Squared 8-23-06

Elder Pierce is on the phone now. I’ve just been informed by him that…(pause)…”No Will! This isn’t a good time!” False alarm. It was only Will. I swear that guy calls at the most inopportune times.

Elder Pierce is on the phone now. I’ve just been informed by him that he’s staying and I’m staying. (Hmmm) Elder Gleave is leaving. Let’s make like an Elder and Gleave! Sister B is leaving. Wow. Get this. Elder Oram’s leaving this area to be a zone leader. Less than 8 months on his mission and already a zone leader. Elder Spencer is getting transferred to the same place as Elder Oram. And what of Elder Phelps? He’s staying this transfer and getting 2 new companions. That’s what we call a missionary threesome. Elder Thompson and Elder Williams are his new companions. Elder Williams is our new district leader. I can’t wait to go on exchanges in Reston. Three elders in Reston and two Elder Pierces in Herndon. This transfer promises to be entertaining.

Wow. Elder Pierce and I will be together for another six weeks. I had a feeling that we’d be kept together. If for no other reason than to keep the “Elder Pierce Squared” joke running as long as it can.

Well, I’d better go ahead and help Elder Pierce tidy up our apartment. I’ll write more later today.

Happy Thing for Day 148: I got a package from home today! My mom sent me an aroma therapy diffuser. It’s just what I’ve been wanting. Now my essential oils can be put to more use. I can’t wait to start using it. My aroma therapy oils are one of the things that make me unique as a missionary. There is also my journal. Other missionaries keep journal, but not like I do. There is also my blender and my hot air popcorn popper. It’s those kinds of things that give us missionaries a bit of personality.

Elder Chacon and Elder Gleave came over today to check emails and make some cd’s. Elder Chacon’s are getting scratched up. He wants to copy them so he can send the originals home.

After that they took us to the post office so I could mail some letters. On the way there, Elder Chacon said, “ya know how Paul said, ‘when I was a child I spoke as a child…but when I became a man, I put away childish things’.” Yes, I said. “Well,” said Elder Chacon, “when I became a man, I put away nothing.” Without missing a beat, Elder Gleave said, “Yeah, except a lot of food. You’re pretty good at putting that away.” Elder Gleave has such a quick wit. He’s a pretty funny guy. It’s hard to believe that he’s going to be leaving us so quickly.

After the post office, Elder Chacon drove us to “Great Harvest” bread company. I love Great Harvest. Their bread is so soft and so tasty and so pricey. But, I guess when the bread tastes this good, it’s okay. Plus, they give out free samples! I tried a slice of their honey whole wheat. It’s delicious.

Another neat thing is that the Herndon ward gets their bread for sacrament meetings from Great Harvest.

Later this evening, after the Spanish elders dropped us off at home, we went on an exchange with Brother W and went to check on some people. One of our last stops of the night was to try and get in touch with A, but he was not home. His mother was, though. “Did you hear?” she asked. “A is out of prison.” “Yeah, that’s terrific,” I told her. Do you know when we might get to meet with A? “Try to come back in the morning. He should be here.” “Okay, I said. “We’ll try to meet with A in the morning. (sigh) D told us that A is out of prison. Then G told us the same thing when we met with him yesterday. Now J, his mother, tells us that he is out. We’ve had three witnesses testify that A is no longer in jail, but we have yet to see him with our own eyes. I’m starting to feel like Thomas. Until I see him with my own eyes, I shall not believe. No. I’m just kidding. I believe that he is out of jail and that we’ll see him tomorrow. Til then, “good night, out there, whatever you are.” Count Duckula

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home