My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Day 157-The Rains Came Down 09-01-06

Today we got hit by Tropical Storm Ernesto. The rains came down and the floods came up. The winds blew and shook the trees. Ravines turned into rivers. And, yes, the missionaries went out in this weather. We are out there right along with the mail carriers and then some. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of Ernesto will keep missionaries from their appointments.

Happy Thing for Day 157: Rain Gear! I am thankful for my umbrella. I’m thankful for my mittens. I’m thankful for my warm overcoat. I’m thankful for the earmuffs that Sister B gave me on {day 101}. The ear muffs I got; Elder Davis took home an electric manicure set. These ear muffs sure keep my ears nice and toasty while we are out and working.

Today was pretty fun, in spite of the rain. I was able to teach a lesson to someone while walking in this downpour. I taught a woman from Africa who’s name is G. It was raining and she was walking home. I offered my umbrella. We got to talking about our Heavenly Father’s plan for us. We shared with her the story about Joseph Smith and how she could find out the truth through sincere prayer. We were able to get her address. She said that she was very busy. She works 7 days a week, but if she can find the time, we might be able to teach her again.

Met with D today. It’s been a while since we talked with him. He’s doing okay. We were not able to share a spiritual thought with him since he had to get to work. Oh, well. Maybe we can have a longer visit next time.

We were able to meet with G today. We weren’t able to teach him the first lesson because he did not have time either. (sigh) He is looking forward to our first temple trip tomorrow, though. We have it all planned out. Brother C will come and pick us up around noon. We’ll go see the new Joseph Smith movie, see some of the sights, things like that.

Hopefully A will be there tomorrow. He has not shown me the best track record of late. We’ll see. I know that G and A are in for a spiritually uplifting experience tomorrow and we still plan on them coming to church on Sunday. One way or another, we’ll know tomorrow. Well, guess what? It’s still raining hard. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home