My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day 155-Cooler Weather, Towed Cars, and Investigators- 08-30-06

Well, this summer heat came and went very quickly. The weather today has been just wonderful. I’ve been told by many people that few places can compare to the fall season in Virginia. I mean, when it was hot, it was really hot! No fun. But now, it’s a nice 76 degrees with light clouds and a gentle breeze. I did hear that we’re supposed to get some rain later this week. That’s good. It’s been a while since we had a good rain. Well, we’re about to go and check out emails. I’ll probably write in here later tonight.

Well, gee, today’s not a good day to be Elder Chacon. Elder Chacon came over today with his new companion, Elder Barraza. Elder Barraza came out to Virginia when I did. He was one of the other missionaries with me on the plane to DC. They came over to visit, but mostly to email and make cd’s.

After an hour or so, they said that they were going to head home and work on straightening up their apartment. I finished checking my e-mails, then my companion and I, too, left to go clean our apartment. No sooner did we leave the computer room, than we saw the Elders walking towards us. “Forget something?” I asked. “No,” said Elder Barraza. “Our car got towed.”

So, they came back to our apartment and spent most of the afternoon with us. Elder Chacon called the mission office to make a report, much like Elder Davis did when Maddie got towed. I’m still a bit surprised. That’s the first time that I have heard about a missionary car getting towed. The funny thing is, the Spanish Elders usually would come over every p-day and their car never got taken before.

Elder Chacon ended up calling their dinner appointment and telling them that they’d need a ride from our place. Elder Chacon said that they should get their car back tomorrow…but it’ll cost them. I know how that feels.

Happy Thing for Day 155: I got a package today! My family really liked the sea turtle story that I told on Day 120, so they sent me a stuffed sea turtle. That was so nice of them. My companion and Elder Chacon took turns playing with it. It’s a sea turtle hand puppet, so they would take turns putting their hands in it and sneaking up on Elder Barrazza while he was typing e-mails and give him a little turtle bite on the ear. Elder Barrazza did not mind. It did not bug him and it was pretty funny. I’ll treasure this sea turtle. Don’t forget. We’re going to go see S tomorrow.

Well, gee whiz…we did not see A tonight either. It’s a little disheartening. We’ll try to see him tomorrow (sigh). Why does it have to be all things? Why couldn’t there just be opposition in most things? Oh, well.

Our last stop of the night was to go by the J home. Now if that name does not sound familiar to you, that’s okay. The last time I saw the J family was on Day 48. That was when Elder Oram and I got hopelessly lost. We spoke with the Js tonight about coming over sometime early next week would be good. So, all right, we’ll do that.

The reason that it has taken so long to get in touch with the Js again is because at our last meeting with them they told us that they would be gone all summer, but that we were welcome to come back late August-early September. So we did. Well, that’s enough for today. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home