My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day 153-One Person Was Home-1 08-28-06

Today is Monday and Monday means Meetings. At meetings today we found out that zone conference is going to be September 4th (Day 160). We’ve been asked to prepare a talk on relying on the Spirit. This is something that I have personally been struggling with, so this will be a welcome topic to address in my journal. I know that as I rely on the Spirit more, I’ll be a better teacher, a better missionary and a better person.

A and G were no-shows again. We went by around noon and no one was home, at either house.

Our next planned appointment went better. We taught J the third lesson( The Gospel of Jesus Christ). Now, as a missionary, I’ve been trying to ask more questions when I teach. Preach My Gospel says on pg. 183: “Good questions will help you understand interests, concerns or questions that others have. They can enhance your teaching, invite the spirit and help your investigators learn.

I asked J, “What does it mean to have faith?” “Faith?” asked J. “Yeah, faith,” I said. “What does faith mean to you?” J said, “Well, if you open your Bible to Hebrews 11:1 it says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” “Wow! That’s exactly right!” I said. J is very knowledgeable about the Bible. We also watch the video, “A Search for the Truth,” with J. That’s one of my favorite church films. Afterwards, we invited J to be baptized. J said not now. He still wants to pray and research more before he commits to anything like that.

President P came by and picked us up. We made it to S’s place right at 4:00pm. There was a note on her door.(groan) The note read: Dear Elders, I am so very sorry. I just found out this morning that my son has soccer practice today at 4:00pm. I lost your phone number, so I could not call. I feel so bad. Please forgive me. Give me a call tonight, if you have time. I’m so sorry. S

So, we left S a note saying that it was not a problem and that we’d try again later. I’m glad that S is feeling better.

Since we were in the neighborhood, we went to go check on C. The last time we tried to meet with C, she was not home. We ended up leaving a note on her door saying that we’d get in touch with her later. When we went by today, the note was still on the door. I guess she has gone somewhere. We’ll try again next week.

Happy Thing for Day 153: I got a letter in the mail today! It was from the Poyner family back in my home ward. It’s so nice to get letters. That’s great! Well, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home