My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 179-9/23/06- A Moving Experience

We tracted for one hour today bringing my t.t.h. (total tracting hours) to 54. Pretty uneventful. Lots of doors slammed in our faces. Well, not so much slammed, as forcefully closed. After tracting, we checked on KF. We talked with him earlier. We wanted to see if we could come back and teach him sometime. We knocked, but no one was home. Oh, well…we’ll try to catch him later.

We talked with Brother W. today. It was pretty great. We talked about the Spirit World, repentance and things like that. When it was time for us to go teach J, we opened Bro. W’s door to leave and saw that the stairway had been boarded up. At closer examination, we discovered that it was a kitchen table laying on it’s side.

As it turns out, Bro. W had some new neighbors move into the apartment just to the left of his. “Do you need any help?” I asked. They said yes. Elder P and I went along with Bro. W and helped move tables and chairs into their new apartment. “Thanks, guys,” the husband said. It was a young married couple. He told us that he was Catholic and his wife was Methodist. “But, yeah, the gospel’s great,” he said. “Jesus Rocks!”

We gave him a card for a free Book of Mormon and wrote our number on it. We told him if he ever needed any help to give us a call. Now on to our teaching appt. with J.

Happy Thing for Day 179-Going to teach J. We apologized for being late. We were only about 10 minutes late. That’s not bad. You never know as missionaries when you might be called on to give service and while you want to help people, it sometimes throws your schedule off.

N was at our lesson. She’s such a wonderful person to have there when teaching a lesson. N is still new to the church. She would sometimes ask us questions on things that she wasn’t sure about. It was a wonderful teaching appt for J and N. J would ask a question and I wouldn’t know how to answer it. Then N would ask a question on the same topic, but one that I could answer. Answering N’s question seemed to satisfy J. It was one of our better lessons with him. We invited him to church tomorrow. He said he’d have to check his schedule. We’ll continue to work with him.

Well…the Elders in Reston had a baptism today. Her name is E. She was able to get baptized today. I’d have been happy to go and support her, but we didn’t have an investigator to go with us. It’d have been nice to take A, but he’s in jail. Just for the weekend; we plan to go by and see him on Tuesday when he gets out. I am happy for E, though. She and her family will have a wonderful time as members of the church.

Tonight we met with Brother C. as part of our weekly meeting with the ward mission leader. We talked about our different investigators. We told him about the lesson we had with J and N. Brother C asked us how our talks were coming. I told him that they were going pretty good. I plan to talk about the importance of teaching by the Spirit. I’ll talk about different things we can do to stay worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Most of my talk will come from what I wrote yesterday (Day 178) I’d kind of planned on giving it as my sacrament talk when I wrote it. Control your thoughts. Control your actions.

Meeting with Bro. C was fun as always. We plan on going to teach J O’N at the N’s tomorrow after church. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home