My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 184- 9/28/07

We had a busy day, today. We were able to teach C. C is a really nice lady. She is from Malaysia. She has three children, two boys who were at school and her little girl who is three. C had heard about our church and had some questions. We explained the importance of living prophets. We gave C a copy of the Book of Mormon. We have another appt. to teach her next Friday. And when I say we I mean the Herndon missionaries. We get our transfer calls next Wednesday, so there is a good chance that I may be gone by Thursday. Well, if I do leave, the new missionary that comes in will be able to look forward to a teaching appt. for next Friday.

At lunch we got a call from Sister N. "Sorry, Elders," she said. "J won't be able to meet with you today." Apparently J thought it was such a lovely day, that he decided to go to Williamsburg with some friends.(sigh) I can't say I'm not disappointed. I am. But J has been pretty good about keeping appts. and going to church. We'll see him later, I'm sure.

I told my companion that now we did not have an appt. to take Bro. C on tonight. My companion thought for a minute and said, "Maybe we do." I knew that look on Elder KP's face. The wheels were turning. "Follow me," he said. We went downstairs and talked to our good buddy W who lives in the apt. just below us. So, great! Now we have an appt for 7:30 tonight.

While we were downstairs with W, CW pulled up to take us to our appt. with J. We said goodbye to W and headed over to J's house. We made it just in time. He wasn't home. Maybe J took N out to get baby supplies. Hopefully we can see J soon to remind him about General Conference.

CW took us by A's house, hoping that he was home. He wasn't. Looks like we're have a bit of bad luck today.

Happy Thing for Day 184- We did get to teach W. It was a good lesson.

Wow. Tomorrow. A momentous event. My sixth month mark. One quarter of my mission.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home