My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 185-9/29/06 Sixth Month Mark

Before I get to the events of the day which turned out to be pretty good, let me pause for a moment to recognize this momentous milestone. Six months on my mission. Where'd all the time go? I'll tell ya where it went. It went into these 380-something pages of my journal.

Turn with me if you will back to Day 0. Oh, wait. You can't. I never wrote a Day 0. How about March 28, 2006. A Tuesday. The day before I left on my mission.

Tuesdays are the day that new movies are released. Two movies were released the day before I left on my mission that I had been waiting a long time for. This was the first time these movies had ever been available in dvd format. I had to see them before I left on my mission. The two movies were, "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" and "Snoopy Come Home." I loved watching these movies as a little kid. It had been a while since I had last seen them. It meant a lot to me to be able to watch these movies with my family the night before I left on "my greatest adventure."

I love the songs in both movies. The songs in both movies are written by Richard and Robert Sherman. Their names should be familiar to any Disney fan. Or at least the songs they have written. They wrote all of the songs for Mary Poppins. In "Snoopy, Come Home," two songs remind me of missionary work. When Snoopy and his bird-buddy, Woodstock set out on their own, there's a song about their friendship and getting along.

Me and you
A two-man crew
Side by side we're unified
We will never be divided
Win or lose
We go in 2's
We're the best of buddies
Me and you!

We've got good vibes
Our friendship jives
In our close united status
Who could ever separate us?
And what's more
We're in raport (the t is silent)
We're the best of buddies
Me and You.

Harmony is where it's at
And where it's at for you
Is where it's at for me
Share and share alike
It's what it's all about
And what it's all about is unaimity!

Me and You
A two man crew
Even if the goings gruesome
We can make it as a twosome
Lose or Win
Sink or Swim We're the best of buddies, Buddy
We're the best of buddies
We're the best of buddies
Me and You

Pretty good song. The other song I like, reflects my current attitude of missionary work. In the movie, Snoopy and Woodstock have been out on their own for a while and are just starting to get the hang of things.

Now we're groovin'
Gettin' it together
Making it all come right
Yep, really movin'
Gettin' it together
The feelings outta sight!

On our way now
Gonna make it happen
All our systems are go
A-OK now
Ramblin' and rappin'
Shakin' the status quo

Doin' our thing
Chasing the sun
We won't stop til the doin' is done
Maybe we'll fly
Maybe we'll fall
All we know is that we're having a ball!

WoW! I'm a quarter of the way through my mission. So far, I've been having a ball. Time is really flying by now. I'm trying to focus on the work. Live in the moment. That kind of thing. Oh, Boy! General Conference is tomorrow! I can't wait! It's going to be so great. But first...the events of the day. continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home