My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead


Elder Pierce is home! It has been a long two years, but he is finally here.

For those of you who have faithfully checked this blog for updates, I am sorry. I am not sure what I am going to do about the unposted days, but I do want to continue to add to this blog. I would eventually like to get Logan's journal published, if only for his posterity.

In the meantime, I am posting some pictures of his return and an update.

Here we are at the airport. That's me (the mom) on the end holding "Tickle Me Elder Pierce". This was a gift from Sister Blour in one of Logan's first areas. Laura (sister) and Josh and Jared are next. Standing next to me, is Lane (brother), Sister Lyon (friend), Leiden (brother) Evan and his dad Brother Cole (friends) Elder Pierce, Brother and Sister Poyner, Luke (brother) and dad/Bishop Pierce.

That's the picture. Now here's the story...

We got to the airport about twenty mintutes before Elder Pierce's scheduled arrival. The Pierce family seems to always be running late to everything, but we did make it on time to the airport. The Coles and the Poyners were already there waiting. Sister Lyon was rushing from work hoping to make it on time and she did! Several family members would have been there if they could have, but it was not possible.

So, there we were...waiting patiently...sortof...watching the gate...his plane was on time. In fact it was three minutes early. Where was he? The sun shone brightly into the huge windows at the end of the walkway. It was hard to see faces. Lots of people walked through the gate, but not Elder Pierce. There were three planes that arrived at the same time, so we were waiting...patiently...to see a glimpse of his face.

Suddenly we heard a voice from behind us. It was Elder Pierce! That stinker had gone to the other exit on accident. He looked around and saw NO one waiting to greet him. He looked further on down the terminal and saw us all standing eyes front waiting and watching. Slowly he turned...step by step...inch by inch...and walked quietly up to the group. He stood next to Sister Lyon and said, "Who are we waiting on?" She turned and screamed. I turned and screamed. Everybody turned and there he was! Two long years! What an entrance!

We hugged, took pictures and then went to get his bags. We needed to meet with the Stake President in order for him to release Elder Pierce from his service. Then it was on to Braum's, a local ice cream and hamburger eatery. We got it to go so that we could get on home.

Man! It's good to have all my chicks under one roof again if only temporarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home