My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Backing Up

(These next few posts will still be from the MTC. Logan sends four xeroxed pages of his journal at a time plus a small letter that is current, so I will post a few more of his experiences at the MTC.)

DAY 13-

Having been here at the MTC almost two weeks, I thought I would take some time to talk about my teachers, Sister Coon and Brother Allenbach.

Being home-schooled was great preparation for the MTC. It helps if you can be self-taught because most of the time in class is spent without teachers. Our time is spent, mostly, studying "Preach My Gospel" and our scriptures.

When we do have a teacher, it is either Sister Coon or Brother Allenbach. Some background: Brother Allenbach served a mission in Brazil. When he got back, he soon got married. He's 22 years old, but he is very serious. I swear it seems like he is 35 or older. Today, though, he opened up and told us about proposing to his wife. I had no idea that he was such a romantic.

Sister Coon, in contrast, served a mission in France and is very out-going. We can feel her energy when she enters the room to teach us. Sister Coon has been back from her mission for 2 years. She's still single and her social ife is always a question in the minds of the other Elders. Every time she come in to teach, they always ask, "meet anyone nice?" or "How'd your date go last night?"

They both are very smart teachers and have really strong testimonies. I have so much I can learn from them and hope I can gain as strong a knowledge of the scriptures as they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home