My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Day 53-The Same, Yesterday, Today and Forever- 5/20/06

Today we went tracting. It's been over a week since I last did any tracting. We've been keeping so busy teaching progressing investigators that I almost forgot what it was like to be rejected repeatedly.

The highlight, though, was this man we talked to who was washing his car. He is a youth minister at his church. He is one of those "thou shalt not add unto" types. Elder Buttars tacked on a nice thing as well. He quoted John 21:25, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written, every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

He didn't really have an answer for that one. We left him with this thought, because he told us he was happy with his church and didn't plan on changing. We asked him if he believed that God does not change. He said that He thought God did not change. He is the same. I said that we believe that God calls men to be prophets. Prophets like Moses, who were in charge of the whole world and could receive revelation from God to help guide those willing to listen. We also believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Because He does not change, He called a prophet today to guide us like in times of old. I asked him if he believed in modern day prophets. His response to this stirring testimonial...(get ready for the quote of the day)

He said, and I quote:

"I believe God is the same, he just changes his methods, that's all."

There was an awkward silence. Elder Buttars and I straight-away turned on our heels and left. About half-way down the street we both burst out laughing. God's the same. He just changes. We talked about the ridiculousness of that statement for a while.

Well, tomorrow is Sunday. I might be able to get more writing done. I'm getting kind of backed up on topics. We'll see how many things I get through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home