My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Day 54-Mohammed and a Prayer Rug- 5/21/06

I will now take a moment to record the beautiful weather in Virginia. Every day has been awesome. Not too hot. Not too humid. A nice breeze. Just great.

I write this because the summer is supposed to be unbearable. Now the weather is perfect. When it's August, with 100% humidity, 105 degrees in the shade, when my clothes are sticking to my body from the sweat, when it gets so bad that I wonder what is the point of taking a shower, I can look back fondly to the afternoon of the 21st of May, 2006 and recall in my mind the nice cool weather we had once.

An investigator we are working with is Mohammed. Based on his name, you can probably guess his religion. That's right. He's Jewish. No, seriously, he's Muslim. Well, he was raised Muslim. His family does not practice their faith according to him. They just go through the motions. We're going through the lessons with him. It's amazing how much our religions have in common. We both believe that we will be punished for our own sins and not for Adam's transgressions. We are both in agreement on chastity and abstaining before marriage. We are still trying to sell him on the whole "Jesus Christ being the Son of God." He knows the Qua'an and asks how we feel about certain topics. I think he is progressing rather well. We'll keep at it.

One souvenir I'm taking home with me is a prayer rug given to me by Mohammed. Elder Buttars got one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home