My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 85- I'm Certified-6-21-06

Washington D.C. South Mission Master Teacher. Certification for Elder Pierce-April 20, 2006 to June 16, 2006.

Here's what I had to do: (followed by 11 hand-written pages of things that Elder Pierce did-goals to be met- and scriptures he memorized in order to become a senior companion out in the field in Washington D. C. South.)

Here is an example of some of the scriptures Elder Pierce memorized:
God is our loving Heavenly Father-Romans 8:16 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God."

Heavenly Father reveals His gospel in every dispensation-Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

The Great Apostasy-Amos 8:11-12 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land. Not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord; And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to see the word of the Lord, and shall not find it."

The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith- Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism."

Pray to Know the Truth through the Holy Ghost- John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Pre-earth life: God's purpose and plan for us; Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory-to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Agency and the Fall of Adam-2Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that man might be; and men are that they might have joy."

The Atonement; (Joseph Smith Translation-differs slightly-plain and precious parts left out of the Bible) 1st Corinthians 15:40 "Also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial and bodies telestial; but the glory of the celestial, one, and the terrestrial another, and the telestial, another.

Faith in Jesus Christ 1Nephi 3:7 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Repentance- Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Baptism, our first covenant- John 3:5 "Jesus answered, verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he can not enter into the kingdom of God."

The gift of the Holy Ghost- D&C 33:15 "And whoso having faith you shall confirm in my church, by the laying on of hands, I will bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost upon them."

Endure to the End-Matthew 10:22 "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake; but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

And so many more...

Elder Pierce: Boy, what a lot of writing that was. (His mom decided not to type everything - what a lot of typing that would be.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home