My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 150 The Spirit World/Johnny Appleseed pt. 3…Laboring With All Their Mights 8-25-06

Jacob 5: 72 “And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.”

“Yep, Johnny sure did bring folks a heap a’ happiness. Shucks, he weren’t lookin’ for thanks. He didn’t have time for it. He knowed a man can’t take no rest if he aims ta plant the whole darn wilderness in apple trees.”

“And so it was for more than 40 years. John walked and planted that old frontier. Yes, sir! Forty years of walkin’ and plantin’. In the space of two score years this little man throwed his shadow clear across the land 100,000 miles square. And in that shadow you will find, he left his blessings three: Love and Faith and the Apple Tree.”

2nd Timothy 4:7 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course. I have kept the faith.”

(John passes away. His guardian angel calls out to his spirit.)

Angel: “Boy, for sleepin’ you take the cake. (whistles). Come on; We’ve got a longsome trip to make.
Johnny: “Huh? Why, Mr. Angel! Howdy do!”
Angel: “I’m fine and how be you?”
Johnny: “Oh, I’m fine. Just feeling—Whoop! Who’s that sleepin’ in the evenin’ dusk?”
Angel: “Why that’s just your husk, John; Your mortal husk.”
Johnny: “My husk! You mean to say that I’m passed away? Dag nab it, Angel. I can’t go. Got crops to harvest; seeds to sow.!”
Angel: “Now, now; Hold on boy. Down here on earth, your work is through. And yonder, well, we need ya, Johnny. Yep! We surely do. You’d think up there we’d have most all we please; but we ain’t. We’re kinda short on apple trees.
Johnny: “Well, I swan,…I didn’t know. What’re we waitin for? C’mon, let’s go!”

(Johnny singing) “We’re wastin time; let’s get a’ goin’. Get them apple trees a’ growin’.”

(Johnny and Angel singing) “There’s a lot of work up there to do! Oh, there’s a lot of work to do.!”

D&C 138: 57-59 “I beheld that the faithful Elders of this dispensation, when they depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead. The dead who repent will be redeemed, though obedience to the ordinances of the house of God. And after they have passed their penalty of their transgressions, and are washed clean, shall receive a reward according to their works, for they are heirs of salvation.

Angel: “Well, now sir. Now you know the reason why whenever I see that certain sky, I think of little John. Cause it’s like I said, if you recall…Them clouds ain’t really clouds at all. They’re apple blossoms, if you please. From John’s heavenly orchard of apple trees.”

“And some day there’ll be apples there for everyone in the world to share…(Elder Pierce drew a picture of the Washington DC Temple rising out of a cloud of apple tree blossoms)…The Lord’s been good to me!!!!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home