My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Day 55- Justice- 5/22/06

I'm going with Elder Bailey to the doctor. I'm fine. He needs an exchange to go with him while Elder Buttars and Elder Oram work. Since Elder Bailey has been out of commission because of the hit and run car/bike wreck, his missionary area only gets worked when Elder Oram gets an exchange. We're at the chiropractor's office. Now to clear up a few things...

At the MTC on the 14th day of my mission, I wrote about a debate we had. The question was, "did Adam sin when he Fell?" Elder M#2 professed that yes, Adam's fall was the first sin. Elder Mann and I were of the opinion that the fall of Adam was not a sin. Brother A. ruled in favor of Elder Mettra. He told me that in the big scheme of things, it did not matter whether Adams fall was a sin or a transgression because he was able to be forgiven through repentance. That was a good lesson for me to learn. Thanks to my family, however, I learned a lesson that may be more important. I was right!

My mom mailed me this excerpt from Matthew B. Brown's book, "The Plan of Salvation". It helped me clarify the subject of sin vs. transgression.

Did Adam and Eve commit a sin when they partook of the forbidden fruit?

The prophet Joseph Smith emphatically declared that Adam did not commit sin in eating the fruits, for God had decreed that he should eat and fall. The Lord refers in a modern revelation to Adam's act as a transgression instead of a sin. He says, "wherefore, it came to pass that the devil tempted Adam, and he partook of the forbidden fruit and transgressed the commandment" (D&C 29:40-41). Therefore, Adam was guilty of a transgression. In Moses 6:53 it is revealed that the Lord told Adam after the fall, "I have forgiven thee thy transgressions in the Garden of Eden."

I hope this explains to one and all, that the Fall of Adam was not the first sin. I was right. Elder Mann was right. I won't let it go to my head, though. I still love to debate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home