My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 56-5-23-06- The Appointment that Wasn't

Today was a pretty good day, I suppose. We, well, I mean I tried to teach C. and her mom this afternoon. I say I because my comp. Elder Buttars had to conduct a baptismal interview. It wasn't one of our investigators, but because he is district leader, any baptism that happens in his district, he has to interview the candidate.

So Elder Buttars went off to do that and I went on splits with Bro. B. Personally, Bro. B. is the one I want to go with on this appointment. He served a mission in Hong Kong and learned to speak Mandarin. So he comes with me and translates what I say to C. and her mom. C. understands English, but if her mom has a question, Bro. B. is there to answer on the spot.

That was what was supposed to happen...

We show up at her house after we drop off Elder Buttars and there's a note on the door. It says, "Dear church friends, I had to go help my mom. I will be back around 5:00." It was about 4:30, so we waited. Bro. B. and I talked about all kinds of missionary stuff. Five o'clock came and went and still no C. At 5:45 we had to go. I left her a note saying "sorry we missed you". We'll try to teach her and her mom later in the week.

Tomorrow is P-day! I'm gonna write some letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home