My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 58 -Exchanges-5-25-06

Today I went on exchanges with Elder Custer and Elder Oram. Since his upheavel of his comp being sent home to recover from his bike injuries, Elder Oram has been staying with the zl's (zone leaders). It was nice going out with Elder Oram again. It was my first time being a part of three missionaries, even if it's only for a day. Virginia state law says that three or more constitute a gang. I imagine it is pretty intimidating to open your door and see THREE young men in shirts and ties who have come to share a message with you.

I'm kinda tired tonight but I have to talk about Elder Custer for a minute. He's been out for 19 months on his mission. It shows. In a good way. He is very good at teaching with short powerful sentences. He talked about how prophets predicted that there would be a great apostacy, but they were not worried because God told them that the full gospel of Jesus Christ would be restored to the earth and would never be taken away again.

I had never thought of explaining the great apostacy like that before, short and sweet, with a hopeful twist. Elder Custer is a very learned missionary. I'll strive to adopt some of his style for short, powerful statements and add it to my own. Now I'm going to bed. At least I have a bed. Poor Elder Oram's just got a mattress on the floor. It's okay, though. He'll be back in his area soon enough with a new companion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home